RE: 318 ic

  I drove the 318ic I have been looking at yesterday and I have a couple of
questions for the collective wisdom of the group.

  First, it has a noticeable off idle stumble.  When stopped, if I press the
gas it hesitates for a moment before revving up.  It's not noticable in
driving conditions but is there both when cold and when hot.  Any ideas?

  Second, how can I check to see if this car has had the profile gasket head
work?  The dealer has some records, but nothing that reflect this work. I
have the vin number Waba 7313nej12625.

  Third, how do you get the top to go down?  I was able to disconnect the
top from the header rail and flod is part way back.  I also got the rear of
the top to come loose.  I could not figure out how to release the hard cover
behind the rear seats to stow the top.

  Thanks again and thanks to those who responded to my first posts.

  Rob Rhodes
  1987 528e