Engine Swappin' in an E36

In my never ending quest for more power I am considering upgrading my
M-package E-36 325 with the V8 from a 540 donor car. I know I have
witnessed tuner cars with either BMW V8's or V12's transplanted into the
E36 platform with supposedly little trouble. I would like to see/hear
some more about them, but I can't seem to find any of these creations in
my old magazines. Has anyone out there either done a similar transplant
or know of the magazines with such vehicles featured???

Roger Baker
rbaker@domain.elided
Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA