RE: Tapping

While attempting to keep from becoming paranoid....  Can anybody describe
this "tapping"??  How frequent does it occur (i.e. about how many
times/minute do you hear it at idle?)?

The reason I ask is that since changing the oil in my '98 M3/4, I've noticed
a "tick" that happens about ~10 seconds.  I can only hear it while seated IN
the car with the door closed and the engine at idle (I can't isolate the
sound when the hood is open; but, haven't tried with a stethoscope or
equivalent).

Can somebody enlighten me?

Thx,
Dave