Turbo the 633

Bob wrote:

turbo systems for the 'ol big block six.  This
includes factory literature, magazine articles, installation
instructions, scribblings in notebooks, anything.  Also if anyone
knows of a complete system of pieces and parts, please let me know.  I
would gladly accept photo copies of any of the items mentioned.  I am
seriously toying with the idea up turbocharging my Six.  Also, I'd
like to hear the pro's and con's from people who have been lucky
enough to experience such a beast.

Bob,

YOu might just start a search for a 745i... From time to time they
appear in the ads at dirt cheap prices, 'cause they are those nasty
gray market cars that dealers love to hate and many refuse to support.

This car has the big six and an nice k3 turbo w/all the fixings...
produces 252 or so hp and has a top (limited) speed of 142.  I know of at
least
one BMW driver who packed all this into a 5er to make his own 545!  It
is currently advertised in the classified section of the BMW ACA web site.

Sixers are kewl cars!

Cheers,

Jan Nelson
82 745i (traded a computer for it = $400.00)
83 745i ergo cogito zooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm