E34 rear reading light update

Hi Folks!
Here's the latest update on the independent rear reading lights on my
E34.  Originally, I wanted to independently control the rear reading
lights.  I couldn't do that with the factory setup as I could only
operate the rear lights in conjunction with the front reading light and
have it blasting in my face at night while the kids are joyfully reading
in the back seat.  Well, I called my local BMW recycling center and
ordered the supposed switchable lights for a total of about $40.00.  The
dealer wanted $50.00 EACH!  Of course since they are not in hand as of
yet, I can't be sure that I'm getting what I think I'm getting.  I'll
let you know when they come in if they're the real deal or not.  If you
want to order them from the dealer, the part numbers are: 8350551 and
8350552 for left and right respectively and with the tan (parchment)
trim color. I should get them by this Thursday so I'll update you after
then.

Chuck MacWilliam, R.N.
'92 525i
'85 325e