Re : E-30 Rear Bearings BA

>Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 23:41:13 -0500
>From: "Kenny Fleshman" <kenny@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: E-30 Rear Bearings
>
>I saw no response to the request for bearing replacement advice, so I
will
>re-ask. I am about to tackle the same job on my 85 325e. Any helpful
tips,
>hints, warnings? I too would appreciate some insight. I sold my 735i
and can
>now focus on the system by system rebuild of my 3 into a bygosh
>boyracer/bavarian streetrod (easy... I live in East Tennessee). Thanks
for
>the help
>
>Kenny Fleshman
>85 325e
>86 735i

Changing wheel bearings in a shop equipped with all the usual shop
equipment, but no special tools for bearing removal is quite a difficult
job.
To do it at home, with nothing but hand tools would be virtually
impossible.

I'd recommend having a professional do the wheel bearings on this car.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you