Re: <E30> K9 Relay?

Brett

>>Can someone tell me what the relay in position K9 is for? On all other
>>E30's I've seen, this socket is empty.  On mine, albeit euro, there is
>>factory looking jumper across two of the terminals.

>K 9 is for a second fog light relay.  Some fog light systems used a
>second relay. Possibly front vs rear, can't say I've ever seen one in
>real life.

Once again, your are correct (and speedy) with your reply.  I went out,
pulled the jumper, and guess what - my *rear* fog lights (euro car,
remember) no longer work.  I guess BMW figured that the rear fogs didn't
draw enough current to warrant their own relay, and ran the current directly
through the switch.

Another mystery solved - thanks!

Frank Ciotti
86 325iC euro