leafblower - amp ?

hi
i bought a leaf blower from walmart(ofcourse) so i can return it
i also bought a power converter.
my problem is that i dunno if the power converter can handle it
the blower has a 12 amp motor, produces 480cfm
i hooked it up with my extension cord from my apartment and had it on idle and
it initially jumped to 2000 rpm and stayed there
i really want to test this thing out but unsure if the converter can handle it
i hope you guys out there can give me some insight into this.
thanks

Franklin Joseph
E30 M3 - sharked!