RE:Tire sizing for M3

Robert et al,

I have a '95 M3 with 235/40ZR17 on 7.5" in front and 245/40/ZR17 on 8.5" in
the rear.  I used to run 235/40ZR17s all around, and all the tires in
question are MXX3's.

The 235/40ZR17's in the front are no problem an I think allow me a little
better steering control (sorry I'm not a technical driver, I don't know if
it's understeer or oversteer, I just know it handles better for me).  The
235/40's in the back on the 8.5 wheels though give you a tighter feel than
then 245's in the rear.  The 245's increase your ride height noticeably and
make the car track even more than it normally does. You do notice more
traction in the rear, and the ass end does tend to stick better.  On the
flip side the 235's on the 8.5's don't look too undersized though you will
expose the rim's lip and you will have to watch yourself if you parallel
park.  The car will ride lower (I'm talking like a 1/4"), I think it handled
a little tighter, but I did tend to power slide a little easier.

I hope this helps.

Saman
95 M3
Bright red (dirty), Sharked.