<misc>RE: Parking Tips

John Ward wrote:

Hey everybody, well today I was minding my own businesswhen I decided to
stop at the local CompUSA to pick up some software. Theparking lot
around
this particular establishment is rather large. As usual, toprotect my
car
('92 E36 325i 4dr) from dings I parked at the far end ofthe lot,
taking 2
spaces.

<snip>

==================================

I've got a dingless 92 as well.  I also tend to park away from other
cars, preferably leaving only one side "exposed", ie tight against a
curb (watch out for wheel rash), tight against a light pole fixture,
but always with only one side exposed, and usually I leave enough
space on the exposed side that someone would have to actually park IN
my space to be able to ding me.  The goal is to not be so obvious with
your protection.  People see you taking up two spaces, parked
crossways or diagonally, and probably think "Look at him, he think's
he's "ALL THAT", and someone will come and park next to you to irk
you.  So my advice, be cautious, but not obvious.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD