Re: Snowboard/Ski rack recommendations?

Rob Clark writes:

<<does anyone have any suggestions for snowboard/ski racks for an E30?
Any recommendations?>>

my personal choice has always been the Yakima Rack System.  i have had one
for about 8 years and have had excellent luck with it.  i have put one on
every car i have owned including my '89iX.  some key features include
ability to lock the rack to the car, lockable ski/snowboard attachments,
locking bike, etc.....the nice thing is, once you get the base rack you just
add the necessary attachments.  i guess it also depends on how much you
would use the rack.  the system can be pricey (~$350 for ski/snowboard set
up) and i would also recommend the faring (~$70) for wind noise reduction
and gas mileage improvement.  if you, or anyone for that matter, would like
to see pictures of it mounted on my iX let me know as i am working on my
webpage and will have some pics.  good luck with your search.

regards,

jack money
motor city chapter
'89iX