Re: Jim C Chip <was Help on Calculatin HP Gains>

Jared, what kind of different opinions were you getting on the Jim C
chip?

>Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 20:38:51 EST
>From: Avplayer@domain.elided
>Subject: Help on Calculatin HP Gains
>
>Hi Everyone,
>
>	I've looked at the possibility of addin a Big Bore Throttle body, a
>K&N High Flow racing air filter, and a BMP performance chip to my
>future '95 M3.
[snip]
>i've heard different opinions regardin the Jim C chip....can anyone
>give me some info as to which is better or if there is any other chip
>which I should use instead.
>
>Thanx, Jared

Let's see if I can guess:
Opinion 1:  Jim C's chips are excellent.
Opinion B:  Jim C's chips are really great.
Opinion x:  Jim C's chips are super fantastic.
Opinion 9:  Jim C's chips are the best you can get.

Based on that sampling, you thought maybe you'd go with the BMP chip.
OK, whatever.  (Oh, wait, maybe you were confused by that guy who
said that the Jim C chip caused an oil leak?  Yeah, right.)

Here is the only possible, even remotely plausable reason to NOT buy a
Jim C Chip that I can think of:  You live in California and your conscience
would bother you knowing that Jim C's chips haven't been certified for
use in your home state.

There are no other valid reasons for not buying a Jim C chip.  Of course,
you still need to buy the car first, I guess that could be the other reason.
:^)

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977