Re: chips and other stuff to JIM Conforti

Message text written by Jim Conforti
>Anyway,
> YES, I adjusted the air fuel mixture by the adjustable fuel regulators,=

> VERY COMMON, I EVEN GAVE YOU THE RATIOS THAT I ENDED UP WITH

  Also very useless.. because the O2 sensor and adaptation fight the poop=

out
  of the increased fuel pressures.. =

<

Jim,  thanks for your more "toned down response ":  you mentioned that yo=
are always right, due to all of your experience in the =

field.  So answer me a simplel question.    I did the dyno runs with the
Horibra, and adusted the fuel air with the regulators,
You mention that the O2 sensor would be fighting with the increased fuel
pressures.   But, isnt that ONLY at the part throttle condition.  ?????? =
  =

after  the fuel enrichment microswitch is activated , doesnt he O2 senso
get ignored, and the systme goes open loop???
when I look at the out put of the O2 sensor at full throttle, it goes
steady state at that point.  before that it "hunts" as the o2 senso is
talking to the ecu.    =

So, you say it is USLESS, is this what you really mean?    Let me know if=

the bosch books are wrong about the o2 sensor under almost full and full
throttle conditions, as my tests seem to indicate that the O2 sensor is
ignored when the system goes open loop.

My tests were:
1 .   dyno with o2 senso out, and horibra in.     adjust fuel air for max=

HP and best fuel air mixture  (12.6 was the best)  =

  then o2 in, and look at the out put of a store bought fuel air meter.  =
 =

Pretty simple, but it definitely is in conflict  with what I have read an=
tested.   Please tell me  if I am all wet on this one.

by the way  jim,  How did you know I live in Saratoga (the hood, where al=
the un-educated come to huddle)?   doing  some homework on me?   Im
flattered.
Why are you saying that I will go to jail ?   is it because I am defendin=
a 4% gainer gysmo  , that works on well known ideas.
Have I insulted you unprovoked?

Im just me, having fun with the cars!!!!!!!!  going racing at Sears Point=

this weekend to rally with the M3s an pumped up Vw rabbits.
(dont laugh, at 2000 lbs, and 140 hp, they do ok against most out there)

regards,

mark kibort
eram