Do camber plates add to ride height?

>Front camber plates usually add 1/4 to 1/2 inch to your front ride
>height. Plan your spring purchase accordingly. One of the reasons I
>bought my Dinan package is that their Stage 3 front springs compensate
>for the height of the camber plates. Their Stage 1 and 2 front springs
>are a little taller as those packages do not incorporate camber plates.
>
>Erick Baumeister

Erick and Rob,

Keep in mind that if the camber plates are designed so that they raise you
car, and you use shorter springs to compensate, then you have lost some
suspension travel in compression.
The amount of "bump" travel that you lose is equal to the distance that the
camber plates raised your car.

A 1/2" loss of travel in compression may not be an issue at stock ride
height, but if a car is lowered it can become important.

Gustave Stroes
Redondo Bch. , CA
88 M3