Re: Speedometer Cable

> I think one of my teeth has rattled loose!  Can anybody tell me where the
> connections to the speedometer cable are, before I have to invest in false
> teeth?  I have an 87 325iC.

Well, you don't have a speedometer cable so you don't have to go looking for one
of those ;)  We sell a lot of speedo heads... I'd guess you either have a bad
connection in the back of the instrument cluster somewhere, or you have a bad
speedo head or speed sensor.  The speed sensor is located in the differential
cover.  It sends a signal *by wire* to your speedometer.  If that sensor is
bad... no signal.  I'd check all of your connections first to make sure they are
good and tight with no corrosion.  After that, you'll have to start replacing
parts :(  Good luck.

- --
Jason Lile                               Administrator
Parts Manager                            BMW Parts Digest
Zionsville Autosport
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com