Warm Up

Jim Cash,

Jim thanks for your insight on the control unit during warm up with an
automatic:

>On the other hand it may be the way you are warming it up.  Mine is an
>automatic, and the computer holds the car in the lower gears for a
>longer time during the first few minutes of running to help it warm up
>quickly. Since yours is a manual (540i) it will not warm up as quickly
>unless you are also running it a little longer in the lower gears
>(delaying your shifts).

I have always wondered why my 750 exhibits this tendency but couldn't
figure out the rational. Now I know and I'll stop worrying about it.

- -Kevin
BMWCCA, GGC

OOps , ya it's Bernoulli. Can I lie and say I used the Prussian spelling?