Dyno down the road... RESPONCE

Message text written by Jim Conforti
>What school do you go to?!? or did?!?

Man, more insults, get a life.   I thought we were going to stop this.
=2ETake an interest, have some creativity, use your imagination.
Most all significant inventions  had people like you dogging them.   even=

the wright brothers !!!!
My deal is not such a big one, just looking a common problem in a new way=
=2E
get over it , calculus was my best class at Cal Poly.    Im interested in=

math, and dont remeber most of it , and Im sure nor do you .  =

It alows you to learn new concepts easier as you go thru life.   thats wh=
at
school is for.  Cal poly  especially,  the aero eng.  dept, was really
about  more practical, imperical practice, instead of pure theory.   =

Things I still do today.   think out of the box once in awhile.    questi=
on
mainstream, dont be a product of the media.     (words of wisdom from gre=
at
people today and in the past) =

Send your kids to Yale and make more snobs!  =

Recording the time it takes to get from Speed X to Y in Gear Z
only tells you the INTEGRAL of the curve with respect to rpms.

(Area under the curve for the Calculus-Impaired)

measures delta speed, right??
what is your problem.   I have found a way to approx increases in HP =

without a dyno and better than human error of people trying to do 0 to 60=

runs.    thats it.   what is your deal, did you get lousy SAT scores , an=
are a little bitter.   BALL park get it??? that s all we really need and =

then back it up with an occasional dyno run

You'd need to have an accurate accelerometer continually logging
data to show the actual torque curve itself..
3000 lbs drums =

And you still have the problems of varying wind loads, road grades
and operator error..

shifting or rear tire slipping. PLuS you have a longer test cycle in 3rd =
vs
1st thru 2nd gears. ( obviously , you cant do 4th because you would have =
go 135plus)

On the whole electrical supercharger thing.. GIVE IT UP..

as
bridged the gap between full blown superchargers like like the example
below  that costs a whopping 1700 bucks   ( a true electric supercharger,=

but very expensive and is only a turbo charger helper.)

There is exactly ONE of those devices that works.. uses HUGE =

amounts of current, and still can't flow enough for a high RPM
HP gain (vs. LOSS!) but it's Intended Use is to reduce low RPM
pollution from Diesels.. and it does this admirably!

Your right it cant, because 3 or 4 psi at 500 cfm would need 8 hp of
electrical energy   thats,    100s of amps.    centrifical blowers create=
 =

pressure and flow at high rpms.    not one or the  other.   What I have
done is found away to "bridge this gap"  not much power, not a whole lot =
of
problems, and still a 4 % gain.    =

why are you so bitter,  I dont see you dogging the AFM to MAF guys ,
although interesting, what is the real dynoed gain.????
20 hp for 800 bucks???.  I also dont see you dogging the air filter guys =
,
or the chip people all that creat questional gains.
the electric Ram air is is just that.   it gives you the benefit of true
ram  all the time.  thats it.    4% on the dyno, TWO DIFFERENT CARS,   mo=
re
to be tested,           END OF STORY

Jim Conforti

Mark kibort    (are you rob's brother or something??)
<