Re: <E30> mysterous wire BA

>Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 13:38:51 -0800 (PST)
>From: "K.C. Boyce" <k_boyce@domain.elided>
>Subject: <E30> mysterous wire
>
>But what is the brown doing there?  There was voltage between either
>of the other two and the brown, and folloing BMW convention, I'd
>assume that the brown is ground.  But why does the pad warning sensor
>need ground?  Especially when it isn't hooked up to anything?
>
>   KC Boyce

Early cars had this brown wire connected to ground.  It was discontinued and is not needed.  I am not sure of the exact reason for
it's existence either.....

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you