Creaks in 98 M3 coupe driving me crazy, please help!!

The creaking you are hearing is most likely the rubber door seals.

The rubber gets impregnated with wax and then sticks to the metal door
surface. When a vibration knocks it  loose it makes a cracking sound.

I am guessing that lowering the windows releases some of the pressure from
the seals...

My car had this problem...

I tried EVERYTHING!!!

Silicone spray...works for a week.

Gummiphledge ( a BMW rubber conditioner)...works for a week.

My dealer has installed (free of charge) some smooth plastic tape on the
door rimms where the rubber hits the door.  This has worked pretty well.

Hope this helps...

Michael