Re: Creaks in 98 M3 coupe driving me crazy, please help!!

Tino writes...

>My 98' M3 has started making some creaking noises on acceleration,
>deceleration and when I go over bumps.  It sounded like it was coming from
the
>passenger side window or rear passenger window so I thought maybe the rear
>window was loose or something <snip>

I heard the same or very similar sound in my '97 M3 coupe.  When I was at a
BMW dealer I inquired about the noise.  The service advisor carefully
sprayed some kind of spray (I think it was silicone-based) on the window
frame where it contacts the glass.  He also applied some lubricant to the
door lock.  The noise went away, but every once in a while I can hear it
trying to come back.  Reapplication may be necessary.

Vadim