car insurance rates (borderline WOB)

Your post has lotsa useful info, but you left out
what is usually a huge factor in your rate: the
zip code where you *live* (different than the
"type of driving you do"). Just ask that digester
who posted re: his rates in Jersey.

For example, I live in Kansas City, Missouri in
the same zip code where I work (the fairly crappy
downtown). Half-mile commute. If I moved 20 miles
away to a mostly-white Kansas suburb & still
commuted to the exact same workplace downtown, my
rates would go down dramatically, despite the huge
increase in number of miles driven per year.

The fact is, if you live in a zip code with a lot
of minorities or poorer people your rates will be
much higher, notwithstanding your perfect record,
etc. I'm not sugggesting this is racism or
something; I'm sure there are more uninsured
drivers, break-ins, & car theft in the inner city.

Andy '95 M3