Re: gas shock cartidges: add oil or no oil?

> Should I add oil into the strut tube before sliding the shocks in?
> Haynes manual says no when you use gas shocks, Bentley manual says
> absolutely no, but a roundel article a few months back (issue with the 7
> series and the rolls hoods on the cover) involving tokico gas shock
> suspension upgrades on a 325is says that it's ok.

Our standard procedure is to place the shocks in the cartridge *first* then
fill to the top with oil... that's the way we've done it for the past 15
years with no problems.  I just did that exact job with those exact parts on
my 325e... I added the oil FWIW.

- --
Jason Lile                               Administrator
Parts Manager                            BMW Parts Digest
Zionsville Autosport
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com