e28 Wheel bearing replacement

I would appreciate any advise on this as I will undertake replacement in
the next week or so.  Bentley is not very helpful in it's
instructions.   I am pretty handy (have replaced brakes, struts, control
arms, etc.) but never replaced wheel bearings.  I am especially
interested in getting advise on how to remove and replace the hub from
the axle without the BMW tool.    I can rent a standard wheel bearing
puller from the rent-all place, will this work?  Thanks in advance.

Chris Bommarito
mullinsv@domain.elided

John Cleese, on what is so great about Great Britain in comparison with
the U.S.:
"First, we speak English, second, when we hold a world sporting
championship, we invite other countries to participate, and thirdly,
when we greet our head of state, we are only required to go down on one
knee"

End of bmw-digest V9 #447