Mysterious Wheel Flying Off

Duane is right; your "trusty" buddy is in major
CYA (Cover Your Ass) mode. Satotage, indeed.

I once rotated tires on my '89 Prelude and would
have bet you $1000 that I'd tightened *all* 16 lug
nuts when I was done. I drove about 3 miles to
Blockbuster & on the way back suddenly developed a
bad wobble in the car; figured I had a flat &
stopped. Turns out one of the rear tires was being
held on by a single lug nut which could be turned
by hand; the rest had fallen off. Doh!

A friend with a 911 (which he pretty much
worships) had a wheel fall off when he did the
same thing; he too was "sure" he tightened all the
bolts on his baby's wheels.

Either a devious saboteur is going around
loosening lug nuts around the country or your
buddy is as crappy a DIY'er as me & my friend. If
he's a professional, sic your lawyer on him; req
ipsa loquiter.

Andy