Re:95 3 series seat problem

In a message dated 11/5/98 8:31:38 PM !!!First Boot!!!, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: "Le, Dana" <Dana.Le@domain.elided>
 Subject: Coupla things: broken seat (help) and insurance.

 Hi All,
 	Well, my little ('95) 325is is now 700 miles out of its warranty,
 and of course the seat breaks two days ago. Uncanny timing, if nothing else.
 Its the two door model, so the seats have the lever on the side which you
 pull up to fold the seat forward so others can get in the back seat -- I'm
 sure most of you would know what I'm talking about. Well, whatever that
 lever is attached to (a spring, I assume?) is no longer in its proper place.
 The lever moves around freely, with no resistance, and the seat doesn't do
 its fold-forward thing.
 	The question is, how do I fix this? The Haynes manual illustrates
 how to remove the seat, but not how to get inside it. Or, is this something
 better left to a dealer/independent shop to fix? Thanks for any/all advice
 thus proffered...

~~~  I would recommend that you visit your dealer, let them verify it, have
them contact the BMW area Zone Manager, and set up an appointment. Meet with
him and see if he will "goodwill" repair it since it just went out of
warranty. Logic dictates that the problem was developing while under warranty,
so perhaps should be fixed. They have the ability to decide to authorize these
things.

Randy
cookies@domain.elided
BMWCC member