Re: Oil filters

At 04:35 AM 11/5/98 -0500, Paul wrote:
>i'm planning on changing my oil this weekend and was wondering if all the
>oil filters are made of the same quality, would a oil filter bought at say..
>napa, be as good of the quality as one bought at the dealer?? if it isn't,
>where could i get a oil filter that is dealer quality or better at a non
>dealer price??

Paul,

I'd use the OEM filters.  They don't cost any more that soemthing you can
get from NAPA or Pep Boys and are the "right" ones to use.  I usually order
four every year to be used during the year.  Usually costs about $15 for
the four (I have an E28 M5 so your's may be more or less).  Give Michel or
Steve D a holler.  They can take care of you.

FWIW

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii

PS Sure seems like people are getting a bit sensitive lately.  I have read
several responses to "inferred flames" that I saw no initial flame in the
first place.  Have a beer guys...on me.  And forget about flames, even if
they are real.

Have a great weekend (I know, I'm starting early).