77 320i FOR SALE

Sorry to take up valuable bandwidth with the repost, but just in case
anyone missed it the first time:

Im moving to Toronto soon and when i get there im not gonna have time to
spare for this car, so I'm hoping it might be something one of you
enthusiasts might like to acquire....

This car is located in the Vancouver, BC area, and here is the story:

Its a  silver-grey exterior, blue vinyl interior. 4 speed manual.
Motor is very strong, and passed aircare emissons testing with FLYING COLORS.
Was tested in April 1998

It IS drivable, and in fact up to last month when a friend of mine gave me
another car, was my daily driver, and WAS a very nice driving car... but
now needs work in the follwing areas!

1) SHIFT LINKAGE BROKEN UNDERNEATH SOMEWHERE...my friend looked at it and
said that some aluminum casting where it is bolted on one side is broken,
and a new casting would have to be obtained. What it boils down to is its
no longer the smooth as silk shifter i used to know and love, 2nd gear is
damn fussy to get into! Its still drivable once ya get the knack

2) SOME BODY DAMAGE!!!
this car was almost pristine for the 3 years i drove it, except for tiny
bit of rust around wheel wells, and almost invisible by taillights. In fact
it was downright presentable little car.
BUT last month my roomate backed her brand new honda into it while taking a
run up the driveway... NOW it needs a new driver side fender, and plastic
grill and headlight on drivers side. Its all bent out so its drivable
still, but no longer what i would call presentable!!!!

3) NOTE ITS NOT RUSTFREE: will require restoration.
Sadly, it suffers from the typical rustout out problems in the rear
wheelwells and shocktower area. It was welded up and repaired when i got
it, but really should be fixed up better if ya want to race the car. My
Uncle just spent a YEAR replacing almost every piece of chassis sheetmetal
in HIS 77 320, so i know it can be done...

3) You can't tell when driving it in the city, but if ya take it out on the
highway, and go up a big hill like the alex fraser bridge, you can tell the
clutch is starting to slip!! SO its gonna need a new clutch pretty soon.
Actually the clutch and brakes all around ( including front rotors ) were
done about 2 years before i bought it, and ive had it for 3 years, so its
just about due for a clutch job. Brakes still look OK and work fine.

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES:

Recent muffler, exhaust system, and CAT.
But gasket is gone at front where resonator attaches to front pipe, so its
a bit noisy ( needs tightening etc)

Interior overall very good, except rip in bottom of drivers seat, and
broken plastic piece in console by shifter ( from shift linkage problem )

Original AM radio works fine.

Tires pretty recent all-season radials.

Oh yeah the emergency brake needs adjusting!

SOMEBODY come and drive it away!!!!

First $400 canadian cash.....

I can be reached via email, and by phone at 604-594-2911

http://surreypages.com/mjw