RE: Oil Filters

I have attempted to post a <Long> discussion on this topic for a week and
have given up.  Maybe it is too long - I don't know.  I can only speak for
the M10 and M20 engines, but essentially, there are dozens of filters that
will "fit", many are worse than the OEM filter, some are as good, a few are
better IMHO.  Look at the Fram HP1, PH3569 and PH977A (a honkin huge
filter), also OEM "clones" like from Bosch and Deutsh - all are cheaper
than the OEM.  Two rules of thumb: don't pay for an "overengineered"
filter, and CHANGE YOUR OIL FREQUENTLY.

P.S. any ideas why my long post isn't getting posted?