E30 Rear Side Windows

Being at least the 3rd owner of my 1990 E30, I can't explain exactly why
the right rear side window appears to be clear while the others all have
the green tint.  I could probably just go to the local BMW salvage yard and
get a green tinted window.  However, one thing I miss from my 1987 E30
is the opening rear side windows.  Some time between 1987 and 1990,
BMW cheapened the cars a bit, and the opening rear side windows
went away.  So my questions are:

Do any of you know if I can easily retrofit the earlier rear side windows
into my 1990 car?  Is this a simple DIY installation, or does it involve
welding or something?  Under my interior side panel, will I find some
place to screw in the latch for the rear of the window?

Any information on this possible transplant would be appreciated.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977
1990 325i/is hybrid