Re: E36, 1997 318i Maintenance

> the same oil. Most other manufactures recommend more frequent oil changes.
>
> In the mean while are any other maintenance jobs needed?
>
> Also, what oil is the best for my car? What does BMW recommend and what do
> the dealers use? Any idea.

I've run Amsoil and Mobil 1 in two E36 bmws, a 2.5 and 2.8, after 11k of
oil service, both oils came back good for exteneded use according to the
oil analysis lab.  If price is an issue, try Mobil 1.  Otherwise Castrol
GTX if you are going non-synthetic, but drain it more frequently.  The oil
lab told me no more than 5-6k with a regular oil.

Dan