E36, 1997 318i Maintenance

Hi

I have a 1997 318i and was wondering what maintenance should I be doing. The
manuals recommend called Oil Service and Inspection, when the service
indicator lights indicate it. This happens on my car at about every 9,000
miles. I was wondering if that would be too long a period to run a car on
the same oil. Most other manufactures recommend more frequent oil changes.

In the mean while are any other maintenance jobs needed?

Also, what oil is the best for my car? What does BMW recommend and what do
the dealers use? Any idea.

Any web site that has a recommended maintenance schedule?

Thanks
Manav Gupta
manav.gupta@domain.elided <mailto:Manav.gupta@domain.elided>

Manav Gupta
WORK:	Metamor Technologies Ltd.
*	1 N. Franklin, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
*	(312) 251-7537, (800) 462-6301 x7537
*	 <mailto:manav.gupta@domain.elided> mailto:manav.gupta@domain.elided
*	 <http://www.metamor.com/> http://www.metamor.com/