Reply: Trick or Treat?

Michael, I loved your test drive story.

>Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 13:57:35 EST
>From: Liaison19@domain.elided
>Subject: Trick or Treat?
>
>Hello all,
>
>On Holloween night I ventured out to look at a 1972 2002 that a friend of
>a friend was selling.
[snip]
>Then I reached up to turn on the turn signal, but the brights came on.
>Actually, the brights didn't work, and turning on the brights turned off
>the head lights, which was a bit dangerous considering it was pitch
>black outside.  Not sure why, but the turn signal lever was mounted on
>the right side, which made it very difficult to reach when I was trying to
>change gears.

The right side is actually the right (correct) side for a 2002 turn signal
lever.  Don't ask me why.  I once had a 1970 2002, and someone told me
that the two stalks had identical mounts and could be swapped.  I
switched them around and had the turn signal stalk on the left side,
which is the right side for other cars, so to speak.  I don't know if this is
true of all years of '02s, but it worked for me.  On mine, of course, when
I turned on the high beams, I actually got high beams.

[more snipped]
>If anyone is interested in a 2002 with leaky brake lines, a shaky tranny,
>and turn signal lever mounted on the wrong side, I know where you
>can get one cheap.

So what was the price, and where is it located?  I'm not interested, but
I'd bet that there are quite a few Digesters out there looking for either a
new project, or a parts car for an old project.  If the body is mainly
straight and rust free, someone will want it.

>Michael Mynatt
>1987 325iC with good brakes, great tranny, and turn signal lever on the
>right side.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977
1990 325i/is hybrid w/ turn signal lever on the left side, which is the right
side, know what I mean?

P.S.  In case anyone noticed and/or cared, I've re-subscribed to the
Digest.

End of bmw-digest V9 #437