<E30> Heater problem solved.

A couple of issues ago I posted a message that stated I my heater
would blow hot air in town but once I got on the interstate it
would blow cold.

I have solved the problem.  Originally the heater hoses had been
disconnected at the firewall.  How ever did this connected the
two hoses together with a short pipe.  The reason they did this
unknown but what I did find out was the the heater value would
not open.  I replaced the heater value but because I did not
know which hose went to which pipe coming out of the firewall
I connected them backwards.  Just one of those things, you have
a fifty-fifty chance of getting it right or wrong and I got it
wrong.

Determined the connections were wrong when I as looking up some
other information in my Bently manual and found a picture showing
the hoses connected to the heater pipes at the firewall.

I just want to thank all of you who sent me suggestions while I
was stumped by this problem.

'89 325is	(bought to replace the 318i)
'84 318i	(currently under going restoration)

 Mark Porath                   "Great Spirits Have Always
 Society Of Free Tinkers        Encountered Violent Opposition
 Mt. Vernon, Washington USA     From Mediocre Minds" - A. Einstein