Re: What is the E stuff?

> I am new to BMWs. I am not quite clear of the naming conventions. I looking
> to buy a second one and what some information on what the naming conventions
> are. I see 2 kinds of conventions. One is the series and engine size (like
> 328, 540 etc.). I also see the other Exx convention (like E32, E36, E39
> etc.). What is this?

> Can anyone please explain this to me? I see a lot of advertisements and am
> confused about what people are talking.

You'll find all you need at http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/bmw.html

I've just updated the engines page with //M5 and 530/730d
stuff and sorted a few wee things too. I've also added the
E32 and E39 pages at long last.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!