What is the E stuff?

Hi

I am new to BMWs. I am not quite clear of the naming conventions. I looking
to buy a second one and what some information on what the naming conventions
are. I see 2 kinds of conventions. One is the series and engine size (like
328, 540 etc.). I also see the other Exx convention (like E32, E36, E39
etc.). What is this?

Can anyone please explain this to me? I see a lot of advertisements and am
confused about what people are talking.

Thanks.
Manav Gupta
(manav.gupta@domain.elided)

Manav Gupta
WORK:	Metamor Technologies Ltd.
*	1 N. Franklin, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
*	(312) 251-7537, (800) 462-6301 x7537
*	 <mailto:manav.gupta@domain.elided> mailto:manav.gupta@domain.elided
*	 <http://www.metamor.com/> http://www.metamor.com/