BMWCCA Elections

Elections are coming up with BMWCCA. Ya gotta VOTE.

I hereby throw my RABID support behind and for (Bubba) Kathy (a.k.a. //K
Crash) Lyle for the Office of Treasurer. Kathy races an E36 M3 in SCCA,
keeps another one for a street car, and drives a mean supercharged Miata
just for fun. She Instructs for BMWCCA Driver's Schools, is an Accountant
in Real Life, and a personal friend.  Kathy can hang with the boyz, talk
the talk AND walk the walk - anyway you wanna run, she'll be there. She's
on the Digest and is ONE OF US.

She's got the right ATTITUDE as well, with no personal crusade or agenda to
fill.  That's important in a Car Club where you want to have FUN most of
all...not stress and petty arguements. Personally, I think ANYONE is nuts
for wanting this or any National Level Office Position 'cause the pay is
lousy and the hours are bad.  Let's at least get the right people in office
that are willing to run.

<chanting>...KATH-IE...KATH-IE...KATH-IE...KATH-IE......give her your vote,
gang. She's got mine.

Here's Kathy's Candidate Statement:

"I have been a member (#25207) of the BMW CCA since 1982, which was the
year I attended my first Club driving school.  At that time I owned my
second BMW; I am now on my twelfth.  I served for several years as
Treasurer for Buckeye Chapter, and I am a driving school instructor and
licensed BMW Club Racing competitor.  I have attended numerous
Oktoberfests, and made many friends through the Club over the years.  Now I
would like to give something back, through service as a Club officer.

In addition to BMW CCA I am a member of several other sports car clubs, and
have held the office of Treasurer for various of their local chapters.  I
was the founder of the Northern Ohio Chapter for one marque club, and
obtained tax-exempt status for another club's region.  I have an SCCA
National Competition license and race an M3.

So much for my enthusiast credentials.

In my "other life" I am a CPA of twenty-five years experience, with my own
practice and two offices in the northeast Ohio area.  We provide tax,
accounting and financial planning services for a variety of business and
individual clients, including several not-for-profit organizations.
Accountability to members and to governing agencies is very important in a
club like ours.  In addition, the upcoming millennium change is a time of
critical importance.  As a member I would like to know that the BMW CCA has
taken all steps necessary to not just comply with but proactively address
these issues.  As your Treasurer I will do my best to see that appropriate
actions are taken and the membership kept informed.

I believe that the combination of my enthusiast and professional
credentials qualify me for the office of Treasurer of the BMW CCA and would
appreciate your support."

She drinks beer (burp) and eats pizza, too.....

Duane Collie
SVR/UUC/Bubba
National Capital Chapter