rustproofing

Think I'm gonna break down and keep the old 5er on the road this winter.
I've got a local BF Goodrich dealer who does business with me so I'm going
to buy a set of studded Winter Slaloms, so I've got tires figured out.

We get an average of 416 inches of snow here, (great skiing) and they salt
the roads with a vengeance.  I'd like the digest's recommendations on after
market rust proofing.  Is it worth it?  Whose best?  I've heard that Waxoil
does BMW's treatment.  True?  We get everything from Rust check, which
drills holes and sprays, to small shops that just spray oil underneath.
I've got no signs of rust anywhere yet, and want to keep it that way.

Thanks in advance,
Blair Daggett
BMW CCC
BMW CCA