<E36>M3 bumper cover on 325i

I'm looking into putting an M3 bumper cover on an E36 325i, (finally fixing
a hole I had when I bought the car. I've hit a couple logistical snags I
wanted to check on.

1)  How does the rub strip attach to the bumper?  I'm going to have to
transfer this from my 325 bumper cover to the M bumper cover and wanted to
see whether removal/installation is as straightforward as the hints in
Chilton seem to indicate.  Looks like a series of snap tabs all the way
around. Any issue with these breaking?

2)  How messy is the removal of the cover itself.  Again, I's assuming from
bits from Chilton that I really have four or so bolts to remove to get the
cover off,  two in the wheel wells and two under the bumper (not including
the splash guards in the wheel well and under the engine.

Any experiences would be appreciated,

Marc Plante
E36 325i, 110k
Alexandria, VA