re: Let it snow..let it snow

Jacques,

The 185-70s will work better than the 195-65s in snow.  This is the same tire
size I put on my '88 325is.  But I put on the superior Blizzaks instead.  ;)

The narrower tire will cut through the snow better than the wider tire.  As for
high speed stability, I regularly ran my car at over 90mph, dry roads of
course, and had no problem.  Yes, the car is a little squirrely due to the
large, soft tread blocks, but nothing catastrophic.  You'll need to take
corners with a little less zeal, as well.  Actually, the sliding in the dry
could be more fun, but it will wear out the snow tires very quickly.

If you're a road warrior, you'll run black steel wheels without the cheesy
wheelcovers.

Ted Arneson
BMWCCA- Windy City

- --