E30 CD Changer

I have a 93 325iC (E-30)

I'm trying to figure out the best way to add a CD changer and am
running into a bit of confusion on what's involved.

The radio is a Pioneer KE-83 ZBM (with a 13 pin DIN).

I've been to 2 audio shops in town and both of the sales guys scratched
their heads when we tried to use the Pioneer reference chart to mate the
radio with a changer.   It just so happens that both shops were using the same
literature and it is indeed confusing since they both refer to a "Program" button
on the radio (which mine does not have).   I concur with the sales folks - you can't
tell by looking at Pioneer's material which changer, if any, will work with this radio.

The easy way out is to put a new indash CD unit, but I'd really rather have a changer
if possible, if for no other reason so my top wouldn't get slit for the stereo.

Anyone "been here, done that." ?