GS-R vs E30 325is

The true natural comparison is a '94+ Integra GS-R vs the E30 325is.
Since I own 1 of each, I have to say I would take the BMW any day of the
week.
Forget all the mods to my E30 & I would still take the E30 over the crotch
rocket.

With all that said, the engine in the GS-R is better than any 4 cylinder
BMW engine that
I have ever come across in many ways.  The engine belongs in a Z3 or
a 318ti.  Various dyno tests of 3 simple bolts on have consistently
provided
165hp (195hp at flywheel) to the front wheels.  Those 3 goodies being a
shielded cone filter,
header, and catback system and WITHOUT any ECU changes.  13 inch rotors
with
6 piston AP calipers, numerous bolt on coil-over kits, 477hp turbo system,
list goes on & on.

Now for the fun facts...The GS-R just got reclassified to SSB for '99.  Say
good-bye to
Miata domination in the runoffs.  In 2000 the car goes to ITS, where it
will be a formiable
competitor against the E30 325is.

Important facts for you recent ITS folks:  The GS-R will have a significant
hp and
weight advantage.  Look out for significant cheating since the GS-R shares
the same
block with the Type R and the swapouts of the Type R parts will be almost
impossible to detect
by the tech staff.  The GS-R is capable of 220hp from what looks like a
stock motor.

BMW is going to have to unlease some real technology in its 2002
replacement or 318ti
with a good tunable 2.5 to keep up.  The '92 325is will end up in the same
situation
that the SCCA World Challenge has put the 328i(s) (vs Type R).   ITS will
be a great
class as we head into the 21 century.

Yes,I've thought about racing the Integra, but I fly the BMW flag proudly
and will not succumb.
Doesn't mean I don't appreciate a fine auto especially the GS-R.

Grant
gwells@domain.elided
'87 E30 ...GT2 candidate in '99
'95 GS-R Crotch Rocket