Re: Gas in oil

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 Liaison19@domain.elided wrote:

> Closer inspection of the napkin showed a nice light brown color, but the oil
> reeked of gasoline.   The man selling the car said he wasn't sure how many

 Maybe the car had previously been driven many short trips with a cold
engine?  When it's running cold & rich, gas does get into the oil.
Once you heat it up good, that gas vaporizes out of the oil again and
gets burned off.
 I'm not sayin' that there isn't a problem.  Just that there might not
be a problem other than polluted oil.

- --
  John Bolhuis  | Since announcing concubine auditions in April,
 bolhuijo       | I have received not a single reply. Foolish females!
  @domain.elided | Do you not realize that I am one of the richest and