Gas in oil

Hello all,

I was looking at a 1986 325 for my daughter.  The car looked great, drove
great and I almost bought it on the spot because the price was more than right
at $2500.  As I drove to my bank to secure some funds, I noticed that the
napkin I used to check the oil on this wonderful car was in my pocket.

Closer inspection of the napkin showed a nice light brown color, but the oil
reeked of gasoline.   The man selling the car said he wasn't sure how many
miles were on it because he changed the odometer with a used one several years
ago and didn't bother recording the mileage.  He thought maybe it had 150,000
on it.  The odometer read 320,000.

Should I stay away from this car?  Everything else looks nearly perfect with
the exception of a cracked windshield.

Thanks

Michael W. Mynatt
1987 325ic