Re: Good to excellent experience

Hi Andrew,    I agree, thats why my experience hasn't been the best.  But, Dinan
did make a good faith effort to fix it.  It held for a long time after the third
fix after lots of hard use(track, street and auto-x).  Then it snapped agian.
During this time I've been increasing the cornnering and hp of the car.  The E28s
are notorious for this SB brakcket breaking and all tunners have to deal with
it(at least thats the feedback I've recieved from other E28 owners).  These cars
are not specifically made for the type of hard use I'm subjecting it to,  so I
expect suspension pieces  to  fail from time to time.  Since I do so much track
and hard street use, the SB mount and where it's positioned is really tough to get
mounted to withstand the forces I'm subjecting it to.  I wouldn't expect any
tunner to give really long warranties against near race conditions.  In fact, I
had my E28 535iS up around 5k RPM for almost 20 straight minutes last night dicing
it up with a Mustang Cobra on the way home from work.  There was some serious
cornnering goin on at high speed.  I was able to catch him in corners, but
straights I was done.
    I would say your comments would be true if my rig was being operated under
normal condition.  But it's not.  The way I use it, things will break from time to
time.

Take Care,
Russ

Oh, it's been happening over the past 8 years.