Re: <E36> read squeak!

>Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:01:58 -0500
>From: Rob Boucher <boucher@domain.elided>
>Subject: <E36> rear squeak!
>
>My 93 325is has a couple of problems. First, every time I drive=20
>over the railroad tracks or a small bump the car makes a "bird churping"=20
>or high squeak noise sound that seems to come from the the rear part of
>the
>car. Somewhere from the back driver's side of the car. I have ruled out
>the
>sunroof and engine compartment. So here are my questions....=20
>
>Has anyone else had this problem?  Are there any know problems with
>E36's and=20
>shock towers or something like that. What are some possible causes that
>I can=20
>investigate?

Yea!  A question that I might have the answer for.  I had this problem when
I first got my 323is.  It developed in a week, and got progressively worse.
 It was to the point where I would hit most imperfections in the road and
have a squeak come out.  Took it to the dealer, and they checked it out.
Apparently, the right rear hinge on the vent window needed to be
lubricated.  Problem solved.  Hope that helps!

Conway Chen
'98 323is (transplanted out of Houston and into Chicago)

- --
Conway Chen
Bellaire HS c/o '95 BABY! / Northwestern University CAS c/o '99
e-mail: chiapet@domain.elided / finger: ctc213@domain.elided
World Wide Diho:
<http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/%7Ectc213>http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~ctc213/=A0
(Updated: 05/20/98 - Click the eye) =20