shifter vibration

hey guys and gals!

wanted to pick your collective brains...

took my car ('97 m3) to the shop to have new tires mounted and have an
alignment done.  when i picked up the car a few hours later, i noticed a
vibration (not there before or at least i hadn't noticed it) in the shifter
while in 2nd gear, and only in 2nd gear.

now was it just a coincidence or did the shop screw up my car?  synchros
maybe?

any opinions as to the problem and its cause(s) would be greatly appreciated.
i'm gonna talk to the shop but i wanted to be informed as to what maybe
happened...

TIA,
- ---roehl
BMW CCA#:  140332