RE: Need Parts for E12: 1980 528i

For a water pump's $50 cost, you'll do better buying new.
What will you pay for a used one?  What will it cost you
in downtime if the used item fails within 1 month?  1 year?
If you or your SO or buddy is driving and doesn't notice
the water temp guage in the red because the coolant's all
gone because the used water pump seal started leaking on
the highway in the rain 4 hours from nowhere?

Spend the dollars on a new one!

 - thi v.