Re: Subject: <E36> Steering wheel SHAKES when braking at fast sp

This symptom is not unique to the E36.  I have a 98 328is that
sometimes shows significant steering wheel shake on hard braking at
speeds above 45 mph.  When this happened to my Town and Country
mini-van, it turned out to be a bad brake pad, but warped rotors can
cause the same effect, I believe.  My 328 is almost ready for its
first oil service, so I intend to have the mechanic evaluate it then.
Its hard to believe that the brakes could have worn that much in
5000 miles.  I, too, would appreciate more authoritative explanation
of the phenomenon, especially with respect to why it is sometimes
worse than at other times, and seems to get worse on poor road
surfaces.