re: 325i Going out of warranty

Keith_Redmore asked:
Subject: 325i Going out of warranty
<snip>
Since my '95 325i with 48K miles is going out of factory warranty soon,
it's time to have my local shop look at it.

Anything to specifically look for?
<end snip>

Keith, look for an extended warranty (EW). Yes, these cars are built well,
and perhaps my situation is unique in that I do about 12 autocross events
and 4 driving schools per year. But, my $1200 investment for an extended
warranty (7yr 100K miles) has yielded me well over $5K in repairs. If you
get the extended warranty prior to your factory warranty expiring, you
should be able to get a'bumper to bumper' warranty as opposed to the less
comprehensive warranty offered to out of coverage vehichles. Most EWs are
transferrable with the sale of the car, some are transferrable to your
newly aquired car, and some will refund you 85% of the purchase price if
you never use the warranty.

Repairs actually performed and covered under MY extended warranty:
Guibo Replacement
Accelerator Cable Replacement
Rear Shock Mount Replacement
Front Control Arms