Re: Yoko 509s

> Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:03:52 -0400
> From: "Jerry Faber" <jfaber@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: Yoko 509s
>
> >Leo Dennis wrote:  I'm thinking of replacing my worn-out 205/60HR14
> >Goodyear Eagle HP's with Yoko A509's...
>
> I've got 509s on my 320i and really like them.  I've had many different HR
> and VR rated tires over the years and the 509s are a good compromise
> between performance and $.  They're real good in the dry, good in the wet,
> quiet, comfortable, and let you know early enough that you are reaching
> their adhesion limits.

I've had 509s (on a VW Jetta, however) and agree with this overall assessment.
Good tires ("all season" for us Californians).  I am considering going to a
stickier tire such as the Bridgestone RE-71 on our new 323iC (to replace
all-seasons it came with).  The 509s are a reasonable choice as well.  Does
anyone have comparisons among these classes of tires?

		-Mike